Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

8.01.2008

Pan Fried Hong Kong Noodles and Contest Over at Jadens!


Today was a day. Normally Friday I'm winding down, but this Friday I'm winding up. I went back 'into the field' as makeup artist today to help out with an event. After a few months of mostly working from my cubicle, I was itching to get out and keep my artistry skills up. I was pretty good and had lots of requests. Unfortunately what I hated before about working in the public all came rushing back. People are weird and I need the patience of Job to deal with them. Especially when they are getting something free.Anyway after a few hours and about 10 makeovers I went back to the office and wrapped up my day. The streets were packed with Lolapaloza concert goers and traffic was a mess.I detoured through China Town and picked up some Lychee's, and other provisions for the weekends. When money is tight China Town is a great find especially if you want to cook exotic but cheap.

Anyway this is what I created in about 15 min. Its like having takeout at home.

Glamah’s Pan Fried Hong Kong Noodles with Pork( serves 2)

Slice and sear 1 center cut boneless pork chop in oiled Wok. Add half chopped jalapeno pepper, and 1/2 cup chopped long beans. Stir around in Wok. Add 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and let meat and veggies simmer slightly. Take 1/2 lb *ready purchased /pre cooked Pan Fried Hong Kong noodles and add to Wok. Add a few tablespoons of water and more oil if needed, and toss all ingredients together and cook a minute or two more until mixed. Place noodles in serving dish and top with sliced raw green onion and * ready made purchased fried garlic.

* found in Asian Stores


I wrote this in the style that Jaden at Steamy Kitchen asked. You see its her Birthday and shes having a contest. She's giving away Flip Ultra 30 Minute video camera to whoever she picks, that has submitted a quick and easy Asian style meal in under 15 minutes.Its purely coincidence that I made this and then a few hours later surfed and saw this. Jaden is a huge influence on my cooking and she has one of the best food blogs out there. So I submit my humble entry and urge you all to submit too. Whats to loose and you get a tasty quick meal too!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

14 comments:

Gigi said...

This is perfect because 15 minutes is about all I can give. This looks really delicious. How much would delivery be to Pasadena? :)

Sara said...

this sounds great! thanks for sharing.

Ivy said...

Wow a dish in 15 minutes this sounds so good. Good luck with the contest.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love anything stir-fried and made with noodles, so your dish makes me drool! A yummy dish!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

Wow, only 15 minutes for something that delicious looking!

Christine said...

That sounds delicious! I love how it takes only 15 minutes to make. Good luck!

I have an award for you at my blog!

giz said...

Good job on this one. I love easy and delicious and this for sure fills the bill. Good entry too.

glamah16 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~~louise~~ said...

GREAT! recipe. I was going to go into Manhattan this morning (over slept) to China town. It's probably for the best. I think the Dragon Boat races were today. You are so right about the endless bargains. There's one place I've been going for years that even offers recipes!

Heather said...

Oh snap thanks for the heads-up! I just tossed my garlicky pork noodles with pea shoots into the ring. Since I already write my recipes that style, it was easy!

It's gonna be hard to beat your Hong Kong noodles, though. Can't get enough noodles...

Laura Paterson said...

Mmmm - great recipe, what a fab widweek dinner when time is tight!!

Deborah said...

Wow - you are a woman of many talents!! How I wish I had a Chinatown nearby - I'd love to be able to find lots of exotic and cheap ingredients! This dish sounds fantastic, and so easy!

Emily said...

Cool! I hope you win! Your dishes look delicious.

If you win the camera, you have to make some cooking videos for us, okay?

Jeanne said...

Clever - and delicious. I never seem to master the 15 minute meal... Although the other day I did manage to salvage leftover meat off the roast duck I'd cooked the night before and added that to some sauteed spring onions and ginger in an orange-soy sauce. That was pretty quick and pretty good - but I guess not really 15 mins if you count the duck roasting time ;-)