Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

4.15.2008

Certain Someone...Not A Guest Blogger


....Although he should be.Certain Someone was just to shy to blog today.To many times I think mates point out the negative more so than the positive. Its not that we don't appreciate our mates. But when they get under our skin we tell we world .For the most part Certain Someone and I have a stable relationship. In May we celebrate our 2 year anniversary. While I don't see a engagement ring eminently, he's content enough for me to be his partner( Euro Style) until we reach the old age home.Needless to say that doesn't sit well with a lot of 'in -laws' types.He knows my views and goals . My parents were divorced and at my age I haven't rushed into marriage, so why now.So what does this have to about food. Everything! One of my biggest joys is cooking,and cooking for him when he's home and our schedules permit. A lot of modern types don't understand and think I pamper him a bit to much. But its a mutual pampering society because he does more for me than I will reveal in this blog. Lets just say he's a patient , generous partner who has given me a enviable life.When the chips are down he's there.Plus he supports my efforts in all I do. But does he cook you ask? Rarely, but when he does it pretty damn good with his limited repertoire.

The above picture was what he whipped Sunday. We were both totally zonked out. It was one of those weekends we lived in Pajamas.I didn't even want to go to the store as we were both travelling in the week ( Canada for me, Sweden for him).Anyway he took these leftover ingredients and made us Pasta a la Certain Someone. I didn't have to lift a finger.Thick Spaghetti,Heavy Cream, Tomato Paste, A few strips of bacon, Onion,secret spices and herbs( curry , chili pepper namely), a lone pork chop, sun dried tomatoes, and spinach!

All cooked down to hearty , tasty meal. He channeled his poor student days and came up with a pasta dish better than what we get in a lot of restaurants. So I going to to try to praise more and appraciate the small gestures as well as the grand.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

23 comments:

Unknown said...

the picture makes me what a bowl! do what works best for you. don't worry i pamper my hubby too much too, so your not alone.

G said...

DEEEE-lish! I love pasta with sauces you just concoct out of what you have laying about. And you had some good stuff laying about.

Mary said...

I was just reading somewhere that the average man in a committed relationship takes 2 years 11 months and 9 days to propose. My husband was pretty close to that. And I think that pasta looks fabulous. Aren't you a lucky girl!

Heather said...

Uh, pork chop and bacon? "Poor student days" my ass. Where's the ramen and canned chili? :P

You're a very lucky girl, Court.

Pixie said...

Courtney over here in the Uk, there's a day (don't ask me when) when the woman proposes instead of the man. ;) Just make sure he does more cooking for you first. :)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

How lucky of you! A delicious dish!

Cheers,

Rosa

TeachMom said...

It looks really good. Maybe he can give M some pointers...? :)

Can't wait to see you in May!

Peter M said...

From the looks if it the dude can cook and that's a good thing...when you're lazy...just prrr to him to make you dinner!

Anonymous said...

Yummy that does look very good! My husbad cooks a few times a decade....but we don;t eat it. :P
He is very good ont he grill though. :)

Jen said...

I don't think it's pampering to cook for the one you love. It's an expression of love. Cooking is so nurturing. ;-)

Sounds like he cooked a really nice meal! I love it when leftovers turn magnificent.

Deborah said...

My husband doesn't cook for me very often, but when he does, it is always very tasty! I love having someone there to share food with, regardless of who makes it. This dish sounds so delicious!!

marias23 said...

No such thing as too much pampering each other! It makes meals (and everything else!) so much better when you have someone special to share it with. And your certain someone showed us that it doesn't have to be fancy to be nice :D

Anonymous said...

Yummy..yummy and romantic... It's the effort and love that made the dish even more delicious and hearty meal!

pixen

Gabi said...

Appreciation is the best seasoning! Great looking pasta. Mine made my recipe of mac and cheese for me yesterday as I was feeling punkish. We're lucky!
That is what a true mate is- someone who thinks he's lucky to have you and who you feel lucky to be with.
Lovely post!
xoxo
Gabi

Proud Italian Cook said...

Awwww, What a sweetie! Sounds like he's a keeper for sure!I love that you stay in your jammys all day and eat yummy food together!

Laura Paterson said...

You're a lucky girl - and don't let any busybodies persuade you otherwise! Just because you choose not to follow the social norm doesn't make it any less of a relationship... And bring on the pampering - as long as both of you are making effort in your own way - that's what makes relationships so amazing!!

Pix - it's the 29th of February! (So we just missed one ;)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

You're both lucky to have each other around Glamah:D Whatever works, works...Tell Certain Someone his spaghetti sounds delicious:D

Neen said...

Mutual pampering is the key to success. Oh and, there's nothing wrong with dating for two years and not getting engaged. We just celebrated our 2.5 year, and you know what? We've gotten really good at the whole mutual pampering thing, both in the kitchen and in general.

Cynthia said...

Ou la la, look at that fantastic creamy pasta. Certain Someone has a few dishes up his sleeves :)

Chou said...

Yum yum yum. I think feeding our significant others is one of the greatest joys in life. :)

Rosie said...

Hi Coco, over here in the u.k. on Feb 14th is a day when a woman can propose to the man! It is known the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach ;) You certainly cook and bake great dishes!!

Rosie x

Anonymous said...

Tell him it looks delicious! Well done! :)

Hendersonville Epicurean said...

Once my hubby retired, he took on all the grocery shopping and cooking. (Don't hate me) I cooked most of our meals for over 20 years and still make school lunches every morning.

Sounds like your man is a keeper for all the right reasons!