Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

4.10.2008

Little Neck Clams And Squid Ink Pasta

This is such a easy and simple meal that packs in the drama and flavah! Kind of like moi!Certain Someone is away tonight and you know what that means. Little Neck clams were singing to me in the supermarket.Just the perfect topping to some black squid ink pasta I had laying around. I steamed my clams in Garlic,Vermouth, Water , and Butter. Boil the pasta. And toss with some of that lovely parsley sauce I made yesterday (Parsley, garlic, lemon, mint, olive oil pulverized in a blender) and more olive oil. Simple ,fast, fantastic.

Whats this about you ask? Well the Caked Crusader tagged me with this Six Word Memoir thing going around.That's me altered form picture taken in this incredible dive of a Chinese Restaurant in New York City's China Town. Forgot the name but its well known.Anyway the wall paper is actual money you post up and leave your initials for good fortune. I think the only people getting rich was them!Anyway the six words to describe me is what I captioned. If I had a dollar for every time I heard that!.The rules are your to tag 5 more people. I'm not going to directly because I feel they would whip my ass getting another Meme. Plus I owe some people some Memes. Sorry. So feel free to play along if you want. I like trying to narrow down my essence in six words.
Rules:1. Write your own six-word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog (and include a visual illustration if you’d like).
3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post.
4. Tag five more blogs with links.
5. Remember to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.
And before I hit the road again , I plan to cook up TAMALES this weekend. Don't forget. Its really fun and not as challenging as you may fear. Hint. I'm making mine spicy and sweet! That's kind of like me too.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

14 comments:

Proud Italian Cook said...

Great photo's Courtney, of you and your clams!!!

G said...

The only problem with your blog is the drooling issue I seem to have developed whenever I read it and look at the wonderful pictures.

What a great cook you are! :)

Emily said...

This pasta dish is dramatic!

I like the pic of you. You didn't do the 6 word thing. I wanted to hear your 6 words! I was tagged too. I'm still thinking...

Peter M said...

So, with your guy not around, I hope you had 2 portions of clams...and the pasta...that's fresh stuff you bought...flavah!

Dharm said...

Yeah! I love clams and they go so well with pasta! Your pics look so great too!

glamah16 said...

Thanks you all!
Emiline - The 6 words are on the picture. Courtney Your Completely Over The Top.Maybe the picture is to busy to see.

Deborah said...

I've never cooked clams before. This looks like such an elegant meal.

Pixie said...

coco u surely are spicy and sweet ;)what a Awesome pic- if i ever get back to nyc i want one

great dish too - haven't had clams in a long while

Susan from Food Blogga said...

This dish could become my brother's new favorite. He's wild for squid ink pasta. I'll have to share it with him.

Anonymous said...

oh coco! i've been absent recently. i'm taking some time to see what i've missed over the last week or so! this look fabulous, dahling... just fab. LOVE extra flavah. god, clams = summer to me. bring on the summer.

amy

Anonymous said...

Look at this beautiful clamyness! I love it. Clams, parsley sauce and squid ink pasta..it's music to my ears! :-)

I know that restaurant in Chinatown with the $ bills on the walls, it's on Bayard. Great restaurant concept, isn't it? Gimme your money! haha.

Anonymous said...

I never have black squid ink pasta just laying around!! Darn! ;)

Rosie said...

Wonderful photo's coco and what a great pasta dish. I have never cooked clams before so a new one for me to try out at some point :)

Rosie x

underOvr (aka The U) said...

My first experience with squid ink pasta was in Florence. I gained an appreciation of culinary arts by the methods used in ingredient selection and meal preparation. I love the taste of pasta and seafood.

I'm glad I found your link from Blackgirl on Mars

Thanks for sharing.

underOvr