Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

6.01.2008

The End Of The Era...The Last of Greats Is Gone

The last of the great designers is gone. Yves St . Laurent passed away today.


yves st laurent
Originally uploaded by annedesplanques1984


http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/01/style/01cnd-laurent.html?hp

He was my main inspiration as a child to pursue fashion. I even lived across the street from his Fashion house on a small street next to the Avenue Marceau. I have long since given up fashion design. Perhaps because fashion such as the one Mr. St. Laurent created doesn't exist anymore. Nowadays any pop tart of rap artist can call themselves a designer. Oh the watered down interpretations will live on in tribute,but we need more magicians such Yves.They don't come like that anymore.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

I just posted about him this morning. He was a legend.

Jen said...

It's nice to get your personal perspective on this, Courtney. I agree that he was a true artist.

Mary said...

Well that's a real bummer.

Rosie said...

Very sad news indeed Coco!!

Rosie x

Laurie said...

He was still so young, I'm glad to here he was an inspiration for you to study fashion..
I love going to the YSL store in South Coast Plaza.. such gorgeous couture!
My niece is an exec for DK and her husband is a designer for Mark Jacobs. :)

Chou said...

Lucky you to have lived there for a bit. :)

Sheltie Girl said...

I'm so sorry to hear about his passing. He had some of the most gorgeous clothes through the years.

Natalie @ Gluten A Go Go

Elle said...

I grew up reading Vogue and Saint Laurent was one of the absolute greats! It is a sad thing that he is gone. Now we get recycled '70s and everything.

Emily said...

Yes, it's very sad. :(