Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

6.02.2008

Playing Around With Country Bob's Original All Purpose Sauce

A few weeks back, the people at Country Bob's emailed me and asked would I mind reviewing and talking about their product.Would I mind? Send it on over.

The promptly sent over 2 bottles of their Original All Purpose Sauce. Come to find out they are based in Illinois! With all my cake projects, etc I was to busy to cook. Certain Someone was leaving for Sweden and I relented and let him have his Harold's chicken. He's addicted to this South Side Specialty. Normally they drown the chicken and fries in either a hot or BBQ Sauce.Its unbelievable. I told him to order it plain and undressed so we could add the Country Bobs to it. On first taste it pretty good. Not as sweet, thick, and gooey as most BBQ sauces. I actually described it as cross between a Steak Sauce and a BBQ . I liked. I just felt eating it with the chicken, I poured more on as it was a thinner sauce.
So then I decided to actually cook with it. If you visit their web site, they have a lot of great recipes. On a leisurely Sunday with the man away I decided to make Chicken Sausage. With that I was going to make Chicken Meatballs baked with Country Bobs! I much preferred using Country Bobs Original All Purpose Sauce as a cooking sauce , but it was good as a dunking sauce too. I definitely would like to try their other products.
Here is my quick Chicken Sausage Meatballs recipe:
Chicken Meatballs
4-5 chicken thighs
1 leek
1 apple
1 egg
1/2 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
1/2 bottle of Country Bob's Original All Purpose Sauce
olive oil
Spices to season:* play around with your qty's to suit your tastes
Maple Sugar
Red Pepper Flakes
Salt
Smoked Paprika
Cumin
Run the Chicken Thighs, leek, and apple through your Kitchen Aid Meat Grinder. Season with your spices. Add egg and breadcrumbs. Mixture is slightly runny, but able to handle with oiled hands to form balls. Place formed meatballs in a pre oiled baking dish. Bake at 350 for approx 25 minutes. Pour 1/2 bottle of Country Bobs and toss the meatballs. Cook for an additional 10 minutes. Serve as appetizers, as a sandwich, etc.
Sorry you missed it Honey!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

26 comments:

Deborah said...

This sounds like my kind of sauce! And those meatballs look amazing.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Oh, yummy! I love that kind of "dirty" food! Scrumptious!

cheers,

Rosa

Mary said...

The sauce sounds great.... Come to think of it, fried chicken sounds pretty great right now too!

Rosie said...

Wow Coco that sauce does sound great not to mention those scrummy chicken meat balls mmmmmmm

Rosie x

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

That sauce sounds good but those chicken meatballs sound incredible!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks good to me, Courtney! :)
I'll have one of those meatballs please ;)

Proud Italian Cook said...

I agree with Maryann, but I'll have at least 6 meatballs please!!

Nikki @ NikSnacks said...

This Country Bob sounds amazing. I almost thought this post was about hot sauce from the look of your 1st pic. I wonder where I can find Bob locally...

Heather said...

Hey, I love BBQ sauce. If someone emailed me to ask if I would review a product I like, I'd say yes. I just get the random "review my website" requests. :( Why can't I get BBQ sauce?

You are exactly right to try it with chicken right off the bat. Those meatballs look yummeh!

Cynthia said...

This recipe definitely sounds like a winner. I've bookmarked it.

Núria said...

I love meatballs Courtney! And this sauce sounds wonderful... a pity I cannot find it here :(

Chibog in Chief said...

i love the idea of chicken meatballs , it sounds awesome...this sauce must be good!!

The Caked Crusader said...

I am ashamed of myself. I have just eaten lunch and now feel hungry again! Those meatballs - yum

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Lucky you getting free stuff:D

Peter M said...

Cool...free swag is always appreciated....I'll for the sauce on our shelves and maybe even wear some overalls!

Jen said...

What a great review and great use of their product! I think you did the Country Bob's folks proud.

Thistlemoon said...

Those meatballs sound really good - apples and leeks? Wow, Courtney, you went all out! The sauce sounds right up my alley too. Are there any bad ingredients in there? I love BBQ sauce, but I can't find a single one now without corn syrup - so I decided that I am going to be making my own from here on out!

Chou said...

Fun. I bet your honey was so sad to have been out of town for that one.

Megan said...

I need those KA attachments! :)
Love the sound of those meatballs.
And free BBQ sauce is always nice.

Anonymous said...

Chicken meatballs? Rosa said it, "scrumptious!"

Paz

Sheltie Girl said...

This is a very interesting sauce. Sounds fabulous in the chicken meatballs.

Natalie @ Gluten a Go Go

Cakespy said...

Those meatballs look down 'n'dirty delicious!!!

Gabi said...

Who is this mysterious Bob and why don't I have any of those scrummy chicken meatballs is what I ask myself!

I've passed an award on to you that you absolutely deserve - I usually go away from your posts wish you lived next door!

Here's the link;
http://www.thefeastwithin.com/2008/06/04/the-year-of-blogging-deliciously/

Gigi said...

Oh man could I totally go for chicken from Harold's Chicken Shack! Yummy! The sauce sounds fab. I'll have to be on the look out for it.

Anonymous said...

yum! Courtney..I want to come eat dinner.

Emily said...

AHHH! COUNTRY BOBS! HOLY CRAP! I'm the only person that knows what you're talking about. It's good. We serve it at the restaurant where I work. Very popular.

See? It's cause we live so close! Kind of.