Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

2.24.2009

We Bake Gourmet:Orange Pumpkin Cloverleafs



This week has been exhilarating to say the least. I have a lot on plate and my mind is racing with thoughts and ideas. Thanks for all the support regarding the television appearance. This is last of my bread posts for the We Bake Gourmet series. I have to say it was fun to participate with my fellow bakers. I wish a lot the recipes weren't rolls, but now that I'm finished with this I cant wait to tackle a bread book I purchased a while back. Reading my other bakers reviews of this recipe didn't turn me off. I knew it was going to be a pretty bread in hue, but rather bland in flavor. To rectify that I made some minor changes. When I think of flavor combos of orange and pumpkin, my mind says why not add some cinnamon or nutmeg. And better yet, why not serve it with a nice honey butter.


These little changes brought out a wonderful flavor in these cloverleaf rolls. I used about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon freshly ground in my spice grinder. You can find the recipe for these rolls here.


Visit my other baking friends for the Gourmet Bread Challenge.Judy - http://www.nofearentertaining.blogspot.com/


Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wonderful! A great flavor combo!

Cheers,

Rosa

Chou said...

Yum! I love the additions.

Darius T. Williams said...

Yup - now this looks good - a few of those please?!?!

The Duo Dishes said...

You were oh so right to add those extra spices. And the honey butter of course!

Jen said...

These look beautiful and this wasn't the best post for me to read because I'm HUNGRY! ;-) (And dinner is still a few hours away).

I hope you're feeling better.

Laurie said...

These look wonderful! I love the tip of cinnamon.. perfect with pumpkin and orange!
And I love your blue flower plate!

Peter M said...

C-town...I'd be just happy with one of these...orange-orange yeah!

Glenna said...

Oh yum! Love the flavor combo!

Anonymous said...

I have these rising on the counter as we speak! So excited to see how they turn out.

Sara said...

These look delicious! There's nothing better than homemade bread.

Gabi said...

Pass those rolls please! Are you feeling better yet?
xx

Dee said...

I love all your bread posts, and I can't wait to hear about your new cookbook.

Deborah said...

I love the changes you made!