Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

11.13.2009

Cooking With PAMA... Chestnut Stuffed Sesame Pork Chops with PAMA Balsamic Reduction


Did you miss me? I missed you. Not having a computer is unfathomable. And to top that off the car has been in shop for a week. No computer, no car, no man ( Certain Someone is away again) makes for a very bad time. But I've been cooking up a storm , so I cant wait to post. I want to thank my good friend Kat for fixing my antiquated computer circa 2005 and ridding it of all the bad guys. Its brutal out there is cyber space. Get checked people!

Anyway I was fortunate enough to receive a sample of PAMA Liqueur. I have had my eye on this spirit for while . I was asked to create a recipe as November is National Pomegranate Month!

Did you know that November is National Pomegranate Month? At the peak of their growing season, pomegranates are the perfect fall fruit. Packed with powerful anti-oxidants and Vitamin C, this super fruit is not only delicious but has even boasts proven health benefits, such as the prevention of anti-aging signs and heart disease. Make a toast to this amazing super fruit with PAMA, the first true pomegranate liqueur. This liqueur truly captures the essence of all-natural pomegranates with their complex, sweet yet tart taste and seductive ruby color. Made from all natural pomegranate juice, premium vodka and a touch of imported tequila, this liqueur is highly mixable and incredibly versatile.

Rather than reinvent the wheel with a cocktail or dessert, I decided to adapt my PAMA to a savory meat based dish inspired by Fall. There are elements of Asian fusion in here with the spices and use of Sesame. The dish went over well and is one I can see myself serving at an elegant dinner again. Enjoy.I will also enter this into the Cooking with Pama Contest. Just made the deadline!

Chestnut Stuffed Sesame Pork Chops with PAMA Balsamic Reduction

Balsamic Reduction

3/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar

1 inch peeled ginger cut into pieces

2 tbsp brown sugar

3 whole allspice

1 clove

1 cinnamon stick

1/4 cup PAMA Liqueur


Additional Ingredients

2 Butterflied Pork Chops

1/2 onion chopped

5-6 chestnuts chopped

Fresh sage leaves

salt and pepper to taste

1/2 cup Sesame Seeds to crust

1 egg white

In a small sauce pan bring Balsamic vinegar , brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon, clove, and ginger to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until reduced by half. This will take about 10-15 minutes. Add PAMA and continue to reduce. Strain Mixture and set aside to cool. Pour into a squeeze bottle.

Make a stuffing of chestnuts , onion, a few leaves of fresh torn sage, slat and pepper to taste. Take your butterflied pork chops and add a few tablespoons of mixture.


Seal Pork chops with toothpicks at 1/2 inch intervals. This will prevent the stuffing from spilling out when baking.


Season chops with salt and pepper. Carefully brush the edges of the chops with egg whites and dip into a plate of sesame seeds.


Preheat oven to 350.

In a oven proof pan, heat a few tablespoons of vegetable oil. Sear Pork chops for a few minutes on each side( being careful not to brush the sesame crusted edges). Place in preheated oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until internal temperature of 160.

Plate with a few decorative squeezes of Pama Balsamic on plate and over meat.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

Proud Italian Cook said...

Courtney, Thank goodness your computer is fixed and you had a friend who knew what to do! That thought always lurks in my mind, my laptop is 5yrs old. Anyway, this dish looks superb, and I love how you stuffed it with chestnuts, I hope you win the contest!!
Let's talk soon. :)

Nina Timm said...

I think one has to work it into ones budget to upgrade at least every 3-4 years.....especially us!!!
The food is a glorious sight. I wish I could get my hand on a bottle of PAMA!!!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That is a fabulous dish! What refined flavors!

Cheers,

Rosa

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

As bloggers we have a love/hate relationship with our computers don't we? I can't wait to see what you have in store:D This dish is exceptional by the way.

RecipeGirl said...

What a gorgeous pork chop recipe!! I bought some of that PAMA as a house warming for a dinner party we went to. They loved the stuff. Glad you're computer is working again... that would ensue panic on my end too!

Joyce said...

Thanks for peaking in at my blog this AM. Sorry you are having computer difficulties and hope you get it all straighten out soon. This recipe looks delicious. I love to bake and cook too. I will peak in again to see what recipes you post next.
Joyce

we are never full said...

we just got a brand new computer - we had been using jonny's from 2003!!! it was and still is horrid. glad you're back up. this looks great and i LOVE that you stuffed it w/ chestnuts and it's crispy on the outside from the seeds. gorgeous!

Jeanne said...

Wow - I love your way of stuffin the two pork chops together :) And anything in a sesame crust gets my vote...

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

I really need to stop reading your blog before I've had lunch. Now I'm starving.

Seriously. :)