Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

5.03.2009

My Legume Love Affair 10 Roundup


This was my first time hosting a large event and I was so impressed and happy with the entries I received for My Legume Love Affair created by the brilliant Susan of The Well Seasoned Cook. Keeping this month to Starters and Desserts was somewhat limiting ,but we received a jewel box collection of recipes from around the world. Check out these healthy treasures and consider them next time you are looking for something a little different and makes everyone say Wow.
So lets break it down into 2 sections:
Starters

Christine of Kits Chow created these exquisite Korean mung bean pancakes,Bindae Duk.

Jeanne,my African sista from CookSister, made these elegant chickpea & paprika crostini.



Susan, My Legume Love Affairs creator made just in the nick of time Steamed Red Bean Buns.



Bea and Jai from Jugalbandi make for us Horse Gram Cocktail Fritters.


indosungod from Daily Musings gave us Swiss chard and Black Bean Empanadas
Sweatha of TastyCurryLeaf is a person after my own heart with these black eye pea patties with a hot chili sauce.
Uma of Vegan Orbit gave us this tasty carrot and lentil soup.

Kalaivani of Little Taste Buds created Chickpea and green pea soup. Double whammy of legumes!


Lori, next months host from Taste With The Eyes, always served up inspiration with Cilantro scented navy bean hash with smoked salmon rosettes.

365 Days of Pure Vegetarian makes for us the perfect snack food Homemade Falafel

Sumy of Make the Impossible ...Possible,made Payaru thoran . A small serving of this would kick off any meal.


Indrani of Appyayan made Masoor Dal Vada ( red lentil fritters). Legumes make the best fritters.


My fellow Chicagoan Jude of Apple Pie, Patis, and Pâté rose to the occasion with this wonderful starter that captures the season of spring. Sauteed Morel Mushrooms and Fava Beans .

Ashwini from Nanna Adige gives us two starters for a Ugadi feast,Thondekayi Palya and Black Eyed Peas Vada.
I also received another entry from Ashwini for Sprouted Pulses Roti.



Divya of Dil Se made a comforting dish of Khichdi

LK at Food For Tots made a delicious Black Beans Soup


Funny how different cultures have variations on the same theme. I went back to my roots and made Akara( West African Black Eye Pea Fritters), a childhood favorite.

Desserts


Priyasuresh, of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes created Channadal N Coconut Kheer. A lovely treat.

Elizabeth from Our Kitchen made a healthy new take on a familiar treat, Black Bean Brownies.


Aparna from My Diverse Kitchen makes Besan-Coconut Burfi (Chickpea Flour-Coconut Indian Style Fudge)


Uma from Vegan Orbit makes another version of Kheer for us with Moon Dhal Kheer


Kevin from Closet Cooking made these yummy Japanese Dorayaki. I could eat these as both a starter or dessert.


Michelle from Big Black Dogs created these Chocolate Peanut Roll cookies which look to die for.


I don't know why she calls herself Msmeanie when she creates treats that are so sweet and nice.Chana Dal Burfi from Chocolate Chip Trips.Try saying that a few times.


A&N from Delectably Yours made a Hayagreeva,a Bengal Gram dessert and recollects family memories.

Soma from eCurry makes a Sweet Peanut Brittle Bar .

Being the hostess I felt obliged to make both savory and sweet entries. Here is my Adzuki and Sesame Seed Cookies.
And the winner of the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving is (names drawn from mixing bowl)
Jeanne from Cook Sister! Email me for details on how to get your prize.



So there we have it. Quite a collection. Be sure to visit Mays host Lori for deatils on MLL11.





Stumble Upon Toolbar

20 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A wonderful roundup! Everything looks delicious!

Cheers,

Rosa

Maria said...

Great roundup! Lots of tasty dishes I need to try!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

What a great roundup Courtney. I am so sorry I didn't get my entry in!!!

Susan said...

While I just finished a light yet satisfying Sunday sup of frittata and salad, I do wish I could have made a plate of samples from each of these scrumptious creations instead.

Thanks for hosting, Courtney! : }

I'll visit all the participants this week; it's been a while since I've been able to do so.

KC said...

What a fabulous roundup! Everything looks so good. You are right, beans make the best fritters. Thanks for hosting.

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Truly a "legume love affair" here. How else can one describe these lovingly prepared delightful dishes?
Btw, just realised you are originally from Nigeria? I used to live there for some years many moons ago.

Soma said...

Wonderful Round up Courtney. I loved the theme this time.

The Caked Crusader said...

what a fascinating selection of dishes - and all so beautifully presented and photographed.

Elizabeth said...

Excellent round up! I heartily agree with Aparna and particularly liked the theme for this month. Thank you for hosting.

-Elizabeth (blog from OUR kitchen)

Lori Lynn said...

Quite a collection indeed! Creativity abounds!
Liked your theme, it was interesting and challenging.
Thanks Courtney.

Lori Lynn

kellypea said...

Dang. I swear I told you I was doing this. I think things got crazy right before vacation. Never fails. You have an excellent round-up of recipes here. I'm a legume person, so can't wait to check them all out.

Hendersonville Epicurean said...

Thanks for hosting this Courtney! You did a great job! I'm lovin' looking through the roundup.

Joy said...

Having just finished my lentil and chickpea soup for lunch, I am inspired to try some of these recipes too. I was v excited to see that you're hosting the DB challenge this month - yipeeeeee - looking forward to it.

bee said...

thanks for the wonderful effort.

Ivy said...

What a lovely roundup with so many delicious recipes to choose from.

Jeanne said...

OMG - I never win anything!! Until now :) Thank you to you, my dear Chicago sista, and to lovely Susan.

What a fab round-up, and what a fascinating collection of dishes! Can't wait to try some of these...

Food For Tots said...

Wow! The round-up dishes look marvellous! Well done, Courtney!

Unknown said...

what an amazing round up! i could get loads of inspiration from here, ehm and start cooking after the move ^_^

Jude said...

Thanks for hosting and posting this roundup!

CurryLeaf said...

Love the roundup.Delish list of starters and desserts.Loved the twist to MLLA.Happy to be apart of it.