2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda,salt,cinnamon, ginger, cloves.and nutmeg in a mixing bowl.
- Cream together sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin,and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 F 10-12 minutes. When done , centers of cookies will quickly spring back when pressed lightly.
- Cool thoroughly before filling.
Note* These can be filled and frozen in plastic wrap.
Cream Cheese Filling For Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Fills 16-18 Whoopie Pies
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
4ounces cream cheese
1 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablesppons candied ginger* ( I used Bavarian cream extract instead)
- Beat Butter and cream cheese together until fluffy.
- Add rest of ingrediants to butter mixture; beat until fluffy.
- Spoon filling lightly on flat side of cookie. Top with another cookie.
- Serve immediatly, or store in refridgerator.