Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

10.23.2007

Flower Power Cookies




Certain Someone leaves for Germany tomorrow. He has to take care of some business and its his mothers Birthday. His mother is the classic homemaker and into her needlepoint and entertaining. While out shopping a few weeks back I purchased a demi tasse cups and saucers set in assorted pastel colors. I decided to send her a homemade gift to go with and put my cake decorating classes to good use. Cookies are a fun medium as they are firm , and you can do so many great things with shapes. I have been making royal icing flowers all month for class and had extras to add to her cookies. These cookies are totally edible and almost pure sugar with all the icing. Yet they taste pretty good. I used a basic sugar cookie dough I have wrote about before . I also did half with cocoa powder for some variation. I plan to wrap each individually in a cello bag and pack in a tin I picked up at the Container Store. I added crystal flowers onto the tin for a decorative touch. I hope it survives Certain Someones flight to London, then Dusseldorf. Her birthday isn't until next week so I pray they keep in the airtight tin. Wish I could be there. Shes a incredible cook and baker so I hope she will be kind in her critique.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: