Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

10.09.2007

Not Much In The Fridge


















When Certain Someone is away on business,I use the time to eat lighter and reacquaint myself with veggies. He , being German, is a meat , potato , and Asian noodle type of guy. And when he decides to take it easy on the red meat , he goes to his new found love, Harold's Fried Chicken. I've gained 15 pounds since we have been together. He once commented that he's eaten more veggies since he's been with me. His parents have a wonderful garden in Germany ( a green allotment which is typical in Germany) with a abundance of fruits, nuts, and vegetables. He'll eat some when hes there, but its still all about the meat and potato.

So with Certain Someone being gone,and me not responsible for cooking his dinner, I can freely experiment and eat what I like.Don't get me wrong, I'm not a vegetarian. But I lean toward less meat as I get older. I love leeks. Incidentally so does he. I had leeks and some Roma tomatoes. I decided to roast them drizzled in olive oil , salt, and fresh ground pepper. I roasted them at 450 degrees for about 40 min . I then took my small hand held food processor , added about 2 cups of water , and a cube of chicken bouillon ( no I don't have frozen fresh stock waiting for me in my freezer), and pureed the mixture. What I got was a flavorful, satisfying, yet not heavy , autumn soup. I just wasn't feeling the classic cream based leek and potato combo. So that's dinner for me tonight. I can sleep without obsessing on what I just ingested. OK, well maybe a guilt twinge as I make and sample my homework of Royal Icing for class later on.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That soup looks delicious! Yummy!

Cheers,

Rosa

Thistlemoon said...

This is great! Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!