Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

3.05.2008

This and That


Posted by PicasaI feel bad as I haven't been able to blog much lately. I used to average a post about every other day.But going forward if I make once a week, I'll be good.This week was the first week of my new job and it's not even Friday yet, but I'm exhausted. There is so much much to do, learn, and prove. I cant wait for the travel part to begin. Toronto and the Bahamas are in the works. One thing I'm not used to is sitting in a cubicle all day. With my old job I would be in the stores as well as the office. To counter this inactivity I have signed up a t a cute hot new woman's only gym called Flirty Girl Fitness in the west loop. I'm taking classes such as pole teaser and Bootie Beat. Certain Someone is looking at me crossed eyed, but I need to do something. I feel like all this food and nesting is catching up with me since I ceased going to the gym regularly. Who knew strippers had to be athletic. That Pole is a beast!

Anyway, Mary over at Shazam In the Kitchen was kind enough to give me this prize.
Thanks Mary, your a gem. So I need to pass this on to some others.I also have two Memes waiting from Bellini Valli and Toni. I haven't forgotten, and I will try to get to them soon.
So I'm passing this badge onto:
Marq a young new blogger I just met who has great dreams to opens a pastry shop. If you don't have dreams , you don't have much, so I want to encourage everyone to dream .
My Hyde Park girls Chou and Maria. I hope to meet these smart, well rounded blog friends soon either on a baking day or exploring the vast culinary scene in Chicago.
And finally Zlamushka. She's my blog buddy in Sweden who I hope to meet one day as we will be spending a lot of time there in the summers. While I'm not vegan, I love to read about all of her spicy concoctions.
I'm so tired now, so I'm going to bed.But before I do,stay tuned for this weekend as I'm cooking up something with a fellow blogger....

Stumble Upon Toolbar

12 comments:

Emily said...

Don't worry about it! You should only post when it's fun. If it's not fun, then it seems like a job.

I think the stripping work-out seems fun. Could come in handy someday. I DO need money for culinary school. ;)

glamah16 said...

Now Emiline,the intention of this post was not to give you ideas like that!!!

Jen said...

Do you know NYC/Caribbean Ragazza's blog? I think I've seen you there. She was shooting a film in Toronto for quite a while and seemed to learn about great places to eat and have fun. You might want to pick her brain on that for your travels. Her taste seems pretty impeccable! ;-)

Chou said...

Thanks! I'm glad you get to travel, and hope that cubicle-land doesn't eat you alive. I survived a summer of it by making sure to walk a lot at lunch and on my commute.

Marq said...

Thanks for the E rating, Courtney! You should see me, I'm eBlushing right now. You're the best.

Oooh, Bootie Beat and Pole Teaser...sounds like fun! I wish the local gyms in my town (yeah, town ...lol) offered classes as such. The closest I've seen is Hip Hop Abs....and that doesn't sound nearly as exciting.

I've been eating alive by cubicle land for the last 3 years and I WANT OUT! Here's hoping!

Megan said...

My gym offers Butt and Gutts. But pole teaser, now thats a workout. Good luck in the cubicle. The travel will make it all worth it!

Heather said...

Feh, cut yourself some slack! When I can't post every day I feel like a slacker, but then I remember, "oh, yeah - this is a hobby."

Deborah said...

I have actually heard that those pole classes are pretty intense. I would love to try one out one day, but there aren't any around me...

Don't kill yourself thinking you have to post a lot!! Good luck with your job!

Rosie said...

Good luck with your job and a gym woohoo pole teaser gosh that must be some workout!!

Don't worry about posting every day it's a hobby to enjoy whenever you can :)

Rosie x

zlamushka said...

Oh, Glamah, I am touched. I have updated my post to mention how giving you were.
You re comming to Sweden over the summer? Super, we have to get together and cook over the weekends!

Proud Italian Cook said...

Theres nothing wrong with posting once a week at all! sometimes I get all stressed out making sure I comment on all my fav blogs. Its a hobby turned into a fun obbsesion!!
It can get crazy at times, hey we all have other lives, jobs, certain someones,kids, etc. So do the best you can, and have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on this well deserved award!! :)