Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

12.21.2009

We Bake Bon Appetit... Day 10 White Chocolate Cranberry and Pecan Cookies


Forgive me. I got sidetracked in my cookie baking. But with the Uncles death, flying to Vienna for three days for the funeral, coming home, other obligations, and the main man Certain Someone returning, it takes a while to get back on the saddle. And that was just in one week! Hard to believe Christmas is here . I posted two savory dishes when I returned just to get acclimated to my kitchen again. Thankfully my baking group is a no pressure group and we all remember this is fir fun, not an obligation.I cranked out these simple , non glamorous cookies for a friends holiday party last Sauturday. Nothing fancy here, but just good wholesome deliciousness. They went over well that evening. The original recipe was for White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies by Tyler Florence. But with almost bare baking cupboards and a more empty wallet due to the unexpected travel, etc, buying expensive Macadamias was not a priority for me . I had tons of pecans from Mississippi just dying to be used, and these made a suitable substitute for a high fat nut. I have seen others using pecans here as well. I also used fresh cranberries rather than dried, as I did in an earlier cookie recipe because I liked the tang it gave. This is an easy recipe to pull together and requires not a a lot of time. You can find the recipe here.
Just two more days to go hopefully by Christmas.!


Be sure to visit the other bakers:

Andrea of Andrea's Recipes (honorary member and our founder but not participating this year)Claire of The Barefoot Kitchen
Courtney of Coco Cooks
Di of Di's Kitchen Notebook
Judy of No Fear Entertaining
Kelly of Sass & Veracity
Michelle of Big Black Dog
RJ of Flamingo Musings
Sandy of At the Baker's Bench
Tiffany of The Nesting Project




Also this may be of interest to some of you if you like contests.
Enter to win a 12 Place Table Setting For the Holidays!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

tobias cooks! said...

I love all the ingredients. Looks delicious.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Gorgeous cookies!

Cheers,

Rosa

Jeanne said...

All my favourite ingredients in one cookie!! Divine.

Pity said...

lovely biscuits! cant wait to try them! happy xmas! cheers from london

The Duo Dishes said...

The cost of macadamia nuts is ridiculous! No wonder you made a substitute. No doubt just as good if not better.

Di said...

Those sound really good. I like pecans much, much better than macadamias, so your substitution sounds great to me!

Unknown said...

Wow these cookies are awesome... I made them at home and everyone loved it. Thanks for such a wonderful idea. I put some Patan ghee in the cookies and then got etheral taste.....Regards..

glamah16 said...

Glad they worked out Monica. Ghee is always good.