Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

12.09.2009

We Bake Bon Appetit...Day 9 Tea Cake Sandwich Cookies

This was one of the first cookies that caught my eye for We Bake Bon Appetite.The Tea Cake Sandwich Cookie looked so simple and perfect. I kept putting this recipe off as I was trying to knock out the easy, no chill cookies first. This recipe contains no eggs and at first seems dry, but comes together nicely as you blend.The process and chilling times in this recipe can be a little tedious, and I readily admit I skipped over some steps in the rolling out. If you are an experienced baker you know the key is to keep the dough well chilled.

I used a scalloped cutter for these. I am trying to avoid royal icing this year and just stick to sugar sprinkles. I embellished my cookies with various sugars I had laying around. I even made my own sanding sugar with some powdered food color and raw sugar. I plan to play around with that more and more. I found some red glittery edible dust and made a few dabs here and there. All in all a festive platter of cookies. The fillings are Goya's Strawberry and Passion Fruit jams. The beauty of these is that you can dress them up or down.
You can find the recipe here.



Be sure to visit the other bakers:

Andrea of Andrea's Recipes (honorary member and our founder but not participating this year)Claire of The Barefoot Kitchen
Courtney of Coco Cooks
Di of Di's Kitchen Notebook
Judy of No Fear Entertaining
Kelly of Sass & Veracity
Michelle of Big Black Dog
RJ of Flamingo Musings
Sandy of At the Baker's Bench
Tiffany of The Nesting Project




Also this may be of interest to some of you if you like contests.
Enter to win a 12 Place Table Setting For the Holidays!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

Jamie said...

I am glad I made you fix the pics because these cookies are adorable! I love the flower shape, the jam and the colored sprinkles. Very festive and they look super delicious!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wonderful!

Cheers,

Rosa

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

So pretty and "Christmasy".

I love this time of year.

Emily said...

Gorgeous cookies! They are beautiful. Excellent work. :)

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

So pretty Courtney!!! Love the fillings and the shapes!

Maria said...

Your cookies are spectacular!

Nina Timm said...

I haven't bake one Christmas cookie this year and I also think I will not get to it either....I am envious of you cookie tins filled to the brim!!

Di said...

Those look really pretty! They're on my list, but I haven't found time to make them yet.

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice cookies~

The Caked Crusader said...

these are gorgeous - like little jewels in biscuit form!

Bren said...

oh these are just too cute. great Christmas gifts in transparent bags with a nice bow, etc... love them.