Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

12.04.2009

We Bake Bon Appetit... Day 4 : Pecan Lace Sandwich Cookies with Orange Buttercream

So far in day four of the 12 days of cookies, I have to say Pecan Lace Sandwich Cookies are a leading favorite. Another lace cookie like the Orange - Almond Lace Cookies I made earlier on Day 1, these have a richer, deeper flavor with use of fatty Pecans. As an extra added bonus is an orange butter cream is sandwiched between the layers. These cookies can stand alone with out the butter cream in my opinion as well. No egg is used in this cookie. Just the butter, sugar, corn syrup and flavors cookies on the stove stop before being dropped on the parchment baking sheet. This cookie can be made ahead and assembled. They keep very well once assembled.

You can find the recipe here. This has to one of the easiest, yet most refined cookies I have ever made.

Be sure to visit the other bakers:

Andrea of
Andrea's Recipes (honorary member and our founder but not participating this year)Claire of The Barefoot Kitchen
Courtney of Coco Cooks
Michelle of Big Black Dog

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

Tree Huggin Momma said...

This isn't related to your 12 days of cookies other than it reminded me of a cookie I had many years ago this time of year. It was a chocolate, chocolate chip cookie with a hint of orange. I know I could probably just make choc choc chip, and add a dash of orange liquor - but I don't know how much. Too much and the cookies will be ruined, to little and it will be for naught. Hope your baking wisdom can help.
Thanks

Elle said...

Gosh, they're so pretty! I think buttercream can make anything wonderful. But the cookies themselves look so tasty, too!

Rochelle said...

This is beautiful! My mouth is watering just looking at this pic!

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Beautiful! I loved these ones as well!

Deborah said...

All you had to say is orange buttercream and I want some!!

Michelle said...

From the recipe the cookie seems more like a candy then a cookie...but oh so good!

Di said...

Those look delicious! I love pecans, and I'm curious to try these cookies with the orange buttercream.

RJ Flamingo said...

These caught my eye from the beginning - two of my favorite things: pecans & orange buttercream. Yum! They really look gorgeous... okay, I'm sold!

kellypea said...

It's nearly 7PM, I'm two days behind on my cookie posting and these are seriously tempting to me. No only have you made them sound fabulous, they look amazing. Yum!