Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

12.07.2009

We Bake Bon Appetit ...Day 7 Stained Glass Lemon Cookies



For a few years I have been seeing these Stained Glass Holiday Cookies. Ground hard candies are inserted into the cookies cutouts for a stained glass effect. I used Jolly Ranchers. The recipe called for red and green candies, but I took artistic licensee and used the assorted colors. I love the zesty lemon bite to these buttery cookies. My only problem with them is sometimes the candy oozed out of the lines. But no biggie. Once hardened its like two treats in one, the cookie and the candy. Be creative with this. I tried to mix two colors but they all ran together.
You can find the recipe here.


Be sure to visit the other bakers:

Also this may be of interest to some of you if you like contests.
Enter to win a 12 Place Table Setting For the Holidays!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Those cookies look gorgeous!

Cheers,

Rosa

Michelle said...

PRETTY.PRETTY.PRETTY! Almost too pretty to eat!

I was going to make stained glass cookies too! Not sure I'm going to make it to Day 12 or not. Pooped out tired.

Nina Timm said...

I am lacking the patience to even attempt this. Beautiful!!

Di said...

Nice job--those look really neat!

Jamie said...

Oooh I love these pretty cookies. I've been toying with the idea of trying these. Yours look so yummy and holiday-ish. Love it!

Chou said...

I love the 12 days of cookies. Such a wonderful way to celebrate the season.

Tree Huggin Momma said...

I love the Lemon Cookie base idea. This is added to my list to make this year. Mmmmm.

Rosy said...

Team Jolly Rancher! Great idea. Great candy...They look great!

Toni said...

Thanks for these plus the links to other cookies. I'm going to a cookie exchange this weekend - perfect timing!

tobias cooks! said...

I am stunned by the amount of cookies on this blog! Great!

kellypea said...

These turned out very nicely! I've always been a big chicken when it comes to stained glass cookies. I love the shape of these.