Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

12.05.2009

We Bake Bon Appetit...Day 5 Brownie Thins

On Day 5 of the We Bake Bon Appetit challenge, I am baffled by these Brownie Thins. The photo on the Bon Appetit holiday slide show captured me.This is a quick batter to whip up, but a worrisome cookie when baking. The directions called for dropping the batter which is on the loose side and pressing an oiled piece of plastic wrap to shape and flatten. I used oiled parchment first, then tried it with plastic. I found each way the batter clinged onto the paper/plastic, which called for me to scrape off with a bench scraper and try again. I manipulated the shape with an offset spatula as this other method wasn't working for me. When I baked these I didn't have pistachios which added a nice garnish, so I economized and used pecans ,which I felt would taste just as good. The Brownie thins baked up regardless and I had a very thin delicate and fragile cookie. They do taste like the tops of brownies, so maybe I wasn't to far off course.
Surprisingly these cookies went over very well at the office. In fact I received two separate holiday orders for these cookies as well as the Orange Almond Lace on platters. The same combo.This seems to be the year of Skinny Cookie. Who knew?
You can find the recipe here.


Also this may be of interest to some of you if you like contests.
Enter to win a 12 Place Table Setting For the Holidays!



Be sure to visit the other bakers:
Posted by Picasa

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

kellypea said...

Skinny cookie, indeed! I wondered about these. We'll see what happens this weekend. Congrats on your orders ; )

Deeba PAB said...

WOW...you did great despite the hiccups Coco. Wish I had signed up for the 12 days too. Great fun...and congrats on bagging the orders!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Those look lovely!

Cheers,

Rosa

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

These seem finicky but well worth the ffort Courtney.

Michelle said...

Love the stack! It is the year of the thin, in fact very thin cookie!

J. took my cookies into his office and all were gone by 10 am!

Nadji said...

Ils sont magnifiques.
Bravo!

RJ Flamingo said...

Still undecided if I want to try these. Seems to be mixed reviews out there. Hmmm...

These look fabulous, though. I really do want to reach through the screen and grab one!

Di said...

I tried to make these on Thursday, and it did not go well. Debating whether to try again or just pick another cookie to post about instead.

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Too bad this recipe has proved to be challenging.They look so good!!!