Coco Cooks has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.

If not, please visit http://www.coco-cooks.com and update your bookmarks and RSS feed.

12.08.2009

We Bake Bon Appetit ... Day 8 Holiday Biscotti With Cranberries and Pistachios



Forgive me. I OD'd on cookies this week coupled with work and family related issues. One of my favorite uncles is not doing well and its just a matter of time. He lives in Vienna Austria, so the distance is stressful on my family here. Thankfully I have another uncle ( paternal) checking in on him and we are getting daily updates from friends. It seems death and illness is rampant with most of my acquaintances lately. So many sad stories lately.So you can imagine cookies were the last thing on my mind these past few days. But baking is always great therapy and a way to unwind.
I chose what looked like an easy recipe to pull together.The appeal of Holiday Biscotti With Cranberries and Pistachios was no chilling time! My dried cranberries didnt look all bright and red like Bon Appetites photograph, but I loved the flavors of anise, lemon, and pistachios mingling with the tart cranberries. I used Anise extract and I didn't have whole anise seed. I wonder why I don't use that flavoring more often in my baked goods. My only problem was baking two sheets at a time and the bottom sheet burning a bit when I toasted the sliced biscotti. That was easily remedied by scraping the burnt bits away like toast. I used an off set spatula to aid in the dipping of chocolate as my pot wasn't deep enough. The offset spatula made the chocolate easy to handle.
You can find the recipe here.

Posted by Picasa

Be sure to visit the other bakers:

Also this may be of interest to some of you if you like contests.
Enter to win a 12 Place Table Setting For the Holidays!




Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Biscotti are so good, especially if they contain cranberries and pistachios!

Cheers,

Rosa

Michelle said...

My husband loved the biscotti and when he took a big box of cookies into work, the biscotti was the first variety gone!

Y said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle! I agree, baking is often good therapy.

Tree Huggin Momma said...

This is another recipe I want to add to my holiday list (without the pistachios).

I will keep your family in my thoughts.

~~louise~~ said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle Courtney. I too agree cooking is therapy just not a good time for me to try new recipes especially when it comes to baking.

It sure looks like you have created some beauties here. Thank you so much for sharing...God Bless, Louise:)

Di said...

Sorry to hear that things haven't been going well with your family. Glad to hear that baking helps a bit, though. Your biscotti looks yummy.

Jamie said...

I SO love cranberry and pistachio biscotti and I make them once in a while. They are wonderful! But I love that you flavored it with a tad of anise; I must try that too!